The new game in town is wheelchair basketball. On October 19, 2013, the Ability Sports Network (ASN) at Huntingdon College held its Wheelchair Basketball Kickoff Event. Participants, parents and families gathered at the Will & Kelley Wilson Gymnasium to become acquainted, have the first practice, and share a pizza lunch.
Nine athletes and their families were present. Others present include
- Lisa Dorman, our director;
- Jessi Andrews, ASN coach and assistant director;
- Xavier Singleton, ASN coach;
- Ruth Brewbaker, ASN’s director for parent education;
- Lisa Clark, partication coordinator;
- student volunteers, including members of Huntingdon College’s lacrosse and men’s and women’s basketball teams;
- Montgomery Public School administrators Margaret Allen (Superintendent), Katrina Johnson (Director of the Department of Special Education (by Jasmine at here)), and Mary Briers (board member);
- Huntingdon College administrators Su Ofe and Anthony Leigh;
- teachers, staff, and administrators from Montgomery area schools, including Margaret Allen (Superintendent), Katrina Johnson (Director of the Department of Special Education), and Mary Briers (board member), Tamara Lawson (Southlawn Middle School), Edward Cox (education specialist), and Peter Olson (adapted physical educator).